Human Capital and Employment
The Kettering City School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Information rearding job openings for Paraprofessional Positions and school bus substitute drivers can be found by scrolling down to "Join our Family of Professionals."
Human Capital Staff
Ken Miller, Asst. Superintendent of Human Capital
Administrative Assistant, Human Capital
, Human Capital Manager
(937) 499-1429, (937) 499-1409
Substitute Assignment Specialist
The Human Capital Department identifies, recruits and oversees the selection of top-quality staff members. We are responsible for posting available positions, maintaining personnel records, facilitating background checks and many other staff-related issues.
Please do not hesitate to call us at (937) 499-1426 if we can be of assistance. The office is open from 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. each day, year-round.
Applying for, or Renewing, a License or Permit
Substitute Teachers and Substitute Paraprofessionals
Are you the parent of school-age children who might be interested in part-time, as needed, work while your kids are in school? Perhaps you are an empty-nester interested in rewarding work where you can make some extra spending money? Or maybe you have always been interested in working with young people in a school setting? If so, then we just might have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Kettering City Schools employ Substitute Teachers and Substitute Paraprofessionals for a variety of positions within our district. All Substitute Teachers and Substitute Paraprofessionals must meet state required education levels, based on the job title, and must be able to pass a background check.
We hold orientations for our Substitute Teacher and Substitute Paraprofessional applicants several times a year. Postings for the Orientations open approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the date of the Orientation on the Dayton Area School Jobs Consortium at https://www.applitrack.com/dayton/onlineapp/.
Substitute Teacher Orientation dates for the 20/21 School Year are:
- July 22, 2020 - cx due to COVID-19
- November 16 & 20, 2020 - cx due to COVID-19
- March 24, 2021
Substitute Paraprofessional Orientation dates for the 20/21 School Year are:
- July 29, 2020 - cx due to COVID-19
- September 30, 2020 - cx due to COVID-19
- January 20, 2021 - cx due to COVID-19 PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org if interested
You must register by completing an application (EXTERNAL Application) on the Dayton Area School Jobs Consortium at https://www.applitrack.com/dayton/onlineapp/ and clicking on the “apply button” for the posting/orientation for which you are interested. You will be contacted by email with further instructions/information for the Orientation you registered to attend.
If you are interested in learning more about opportunities for employment as a Substitute Teacher or Substitute Paraprofessional with the Kettering City Schools, please contact Sheryl Chaffin in the Human Capital Department at email@example.com.
School Bus Substitute Drivers
The Kettering City School District's Transportation Department is seeking five substitute bus drivers. Substitute bus drivers are used on an as-needed basis, and there are no set hours for these positions. The department prefers drivers who have a Class B CDL with an SP Endorsement. However, the department will provide training for qualified applicants who pass a background check and physical.
For additional information regarding substitute school bus driver positions, please contact Todd Silverthorn, supervisor of Transportation Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Pride Makes the Difference!
• Over 7,200 students currently attend our eight elementary neighborhood schools (K-5), our two middle schools (6-8), and Kettering Fairmont High School (9-12).
• The Kettering City School District completed a $102 million construction/renovation project in 2006. A brand-new Greenmont Elementary School was constructed, and construction and renovations were made on each of the district’s remaining 10 buildings.
• In addition, the district constructed the new Performing Arts Center at Fairmont High School, the James S. Trent Arena, and completely renovated the Chester A. Roush Stadium.
• Kettering offers its students a strong academic program at all levels, and features a full complement of advanced courses including, International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement and Honors courses at the secondary level; and services for special needs students that is regarded as a model program by other districts from across the region.
Why Work Here?
• Family oriented work environment
• Outstanding Parental and Community support
• Motivated students
• Extensive Staff development programs
• Comprehensive mentor programs
• Competitive Salary and Benefit Package
• Newly renovated buildings
The Kettering City School District is an equal-opportunity employer, offering equal educational and employment opportunities. -- If you are interested in applying for a Teaching Position ** on-line, you can do so by logging on to: https://www.applitrack.com/dayton/onlineapp/
This service allows prospective employees to access open positions and apply for jobs in the Kettering Schools and in school districts across the Miami Valley. It is also
** For information regarding other available positions in the Kettering City School District, please call the following departments:
Elizabeth Letteri, Administrative Assistant to the
Superintendent and Director of Business Services
Todd Silverthorn, Supervisor
Food & Nutrition Services
Stacie Pabst, Supervisor
Maintenance/Bldgs. & Grounds
Sue Warner, Administrative Assistant to the
Assistant Superintendent of Human Capital
Substitute Teaching Opportunities
Sheryl Chaffin, Substitute Assignment Specialist
Jill Lopez, Human Capital Manager